The Relationship Between the Workload with Workplace Fatigue of Female Employees in the Administration Division of State Polytechnic of Sriwijaya, South Sumatera, Indonesia

Muhammad Yusuf

Abstract


The influence of workload can accelerate the workplace fatigue and health problems, especially for female employees. In a developing country like Indonesia, women who work also have a responsibility to take care of the household. The objective of this research was to find out the relationship between the workload and workplace fatigue of female employees in the Administration Division of the State Polytechnic of Sriwijaya. The methods used in this study were observational design and cross sectional approach. The population of this study was 54 female employees in the Administration Division of the State Polytechnic of Sriwijaya. All populations in this study were used as a sample. The result of this study was; 22 percent of the employees were low workloaded, 59 percent were middle workloaded, then the rest 19 percent were over workloaded. Accordingly, the workload caused workplace fatigue, 45% of the employees classified as low workplace fatigue, then the rest, 55% classified as middle workplace fatigue. The statistic test used SPSS with Product Moment Pearson Correlation Method. This test resulted in the sig. p = 0.037 (p = < 0.05), means that the “Ha” could be accepted with significantly correlation between workload and workplace fatigue on female employees in the Administration Division of the State Polytechnic of Sriwijaya, South Sumatera.


Full Text:

PDF

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.